Here is a review for your upcoming test. The test covers sections 4.7 through 5.8. I will not collect this. Do what you want with it. This review will give you a good indication of what you will be expected to know for the test.
Here is a list of things that you must know and understand:
Reminders: During the exam, SHOW ALL YOUR WORK and JUSTIFY YOUR ANSWERS when necessary. Also, be organized and neat!
Answer each of the following questions.
1. Sketch the graph of the following functions by finding x-intercepts, y-intercept, vertical asymptotes, horizontal asymptotes, intervals of increase and decrease, coordinates of turning points (local max/min), intervals of concavity, coordinates of inflection points.
2. Determine each of the following limits.
8. Solve the following initial value problem: , .
9. Find f given that , , and .
10. Find the area of the region bounded by the following graphs.
(a) , .
(b) , , , .
(c) , .
11. Find the average value of on the interval .
12. Find the derivative of the following functions.