- The most important thing: DO YOUR
- Late homework will not be accepted without
prior approval from me.
- Each homework assignment will consist of odd
and even numbered problems from the textbook.
- Odd numbered problems will be graded for
- Two of the even numbered problems will be
graded for correctness.
- Show all of your work (especially on the evens).
- Circle, box, or highlight your final answer.
- Be neat and organized (both of us should be
able to read what you wrote).
- Put the homework number and section number(s)
somewhere on the first page.
- Do the even-numbered problems for each section
on a separate sheet of paper (or at least separate them from the odds).
- Please do not fold the corners of your
homework. Use a staple!
- It is your responsibility to check the answers
to the odd-numbered problems.
- I recommend doing your homework in pencil (if
you aren’t making mistakes, then you aren’t learning).
- If homework is not taken seriously, then it
will be very difficult to do well in this class.
- Be aware of the fact that an excellent homework
grade can raise your overall class average by a letter grade and that a
poor homework grade can lower your overall class average by a letter
- I am here to help you. If you are having
difficulty with the material and/or your homework, then please ask for
help. I have regular office hours. If these hours don’t
work for you, then we can schedule a separate time to meet.
- Class will usually begin with an opportunity to
ask questions about homework. However,if you have more than a
couple of questions, then we should meet to discuss your questions.
- You are responsible for writing up and turning
in your own homework, but I recommend doing your homework in groups as
often as you can.
- If you need help, then ask!